A lot of e27 readers have read the book The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth. Author Chris Brogan sits down to offer his take on entrepreneurship
Chris Brogan was one of the first internet bloggers — ever — and now provides tools and tips for helping entrepreneurs get their companies off the ground. But, back in the 1990s, Brogan was a true internet pioneer, forging out a path in the earliest days of what grew into the ‘blogosphere’.
In the newest episode of The Jay Kim Show, Brogan explains that his experiences blogging allowed him to connect with people based on interest and not location. This experience helped shape him into the person he is today.
Listen below to hear Brogan talk about this experience, why he wrote The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth and whether or not Snap Inc. is looking at a bright future.
Show notes are below.
Join Jay on Twitter and continue the conversation: @jaykimmer.
Links from Today’s Episode
- Find Chris on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Visit Chris’s personal website to grow your presence online now
- Learn more about how Owner Media Group can help your business succeed
- Check out Chris’s latest book: The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth
- Start building your online course today
- Earn more customers
- Get more done by doing less
Detailed Show Notes
- (2:00) Who is Chris Brogan and what is Owner Media Group?
- (3:08) Why Chris enjoys working for both big corporations and small businesses
- (6:36) How Chris deals with entrepreneur fatigue
- (9:17) How Chris’s early experience on Internet message boards in the ’90s and his childhood in Maine has shaped who he is today
- (12:52) On the future of social media and why Chris doesn’t think Snapchat will be a part of it
- (17:03) On making sacrifices as an entrepreneur and the trap of trying to be everything to everyone
- (20:35) The people that inspire Chris the most to be and do more
- (22:50) How Owner Media Group can help grow your small business
- (28:37) What’s keeping Chris busy in 2017 and how he plans to ensure his next book isn’t a flop like his last
- (30:56) What Chris wants to be remembered for
- (31:42) Chris’s actionable advice for struggling entrepreneurs
The post The Jay Kim Show: Chris Brogan on how to avoid entrepreneurship fatigue appeared first on e27.
from e27 http://ift.tt/2laiSzH