WePay bags the Most Imaginative Payment Solution award and is one of four startups that each get US$25,000
Singapore-based startups CashTrack (Most Intuitive Personal Financial Management Solution), Moneythor (Most Personalised Use of Big Data), and WePay (Most Imaginative Payment Solution), were among 15 teams of developers whose fintech solutions were recognised earlier this week as the top innovations from the Asia Pacific leg of the Citi Mobile Challenge – Citi’s virtual accelerator targetting developers with a focus on mobile banking.
WePay, an app that allows customers to make instantaneous purchases using a QR code, was one of four that each received a cash award of US$25,000. Simply Wall St (Australia), SmartLoan (Hong Kong) and InstaPaisa (India) were the other three winners after Citi executives and technology influencers assessed the 72 working prototypes from teams from 15 countries over four Demo Days in Bengaluru, Singapore, Sydney and Hong Kong.
“Citi Mobile Challenge is fostering the development of new solutions that embrace the mobile and digital as the preferred channels for our customers,” said Francisco Aristeguieta, Citi’s Asia Pacific CEO. “The Citi Mobile Challenge has proven to be an extraordinary process through which we have identified and accelerated the deployment of solutions in the digital space to enhance the banking experience of our clients.”
Besides the cash awards, finalists competed for an opportunity to explore bringing their technologies into production, and a suite of services from Citi Mobile Challenge sponsors. Entries were evaluated for impact, viability, user experience and functionality.
Citi Mobile Challenge Asia Pacific Award Recipients:
- Most Intuitive Personal Financial Management Solution – CashTrack (Singapore)
- Most Transformative Use of Blockchain – Cetas (India)
- Most Innovative Productivity Solution – Ezidox (Australia)
- Best Mobile Loyalty Solution – Eztable (Taiwan)
- Best Mobile Mortgage Solution – Finotek (Korea)
- Most lnnovative Lending Solution – InstaPaisa (India)
- Most Innovative Servicing Solution – Live Ninja (United States)
- Most Innovative Supply Chain Solution – Mindgate (India)
- Most Personalized Use of Big Data – Moneythor (Singapore)
- Best Client Engagement Tool – Moxtra (India)
- Best Data Visualization Solution – Simply Wall St (Australia)
- Best Money Manager Solution – SmartLoan (Hong Kong)
- Best Authentication Solution – SmartSign (Korea)
- Most Innovative Travel Solution – Travie (Hong Kong)
- Most Imaginative Payment Solution – WePay (Singapore)
Image Credit: A. and I. Kruk/Shutterstock
The post 3 Singapore startups win top fintech innovation awards by Citi appeared first on e27.
from e27 http://ift.tt/1lVYZbQ