Raghav Kapoor, CEO and co-founder of Smartkarma, joined us for a conversation on his company and a broader conversation on fintech in Asia. Drawing from his experience and background in finance, Raghav talked about the origins of Smartkarma and his vision to build it towards a premium collaborative research marketplace. We also discussed the emerging fintech industry and the important observations and trends that distinguish Asia from the rest of the world.
Download MP3 here (31.5 MB) or Subscribe via RSS
Analyse Asia with Bernard Leong is a weekly podcast dedicated to the pulse of technology, business & media in Asia. They interview thought leaders and leading industry players and gain their insights to how we perceive and understand the market. Analyse Asia is a content partner of TechNode.
TechNode does not endorse any commentary made in the program.
- Raghav Kapoor, CEO and co-founder of Smartkarma
- How did you get started in your career?
- From your career in the equities research business until now, what are the interesting career lessons you can share?
- What is the mission and vision for Smartkarma?
- What is the problem that you are trying to solve as a premier collaborative research marketplace?
- Who are Smartkarma’s customers?
- As a multi sided marketplace, how does insight providers and partners operate within your platform?
- Which are the institutions who has signed on as contributors?
- What is the revenue model for the platform? Is it similar to Spotify, as the platform is known to be the spotify of Asian research?
- You have recently raised a total of US$7.5M, who are the investors and how did you pull it off and what will you be doing with the investment?
- The Fintech Industry across Asia Pacific
- How does someone define fintech in Asia now?
- What are the ongoing trends in the fintech industry?
- Everyone talked about the banks being disrupted, what is the underlying problem from your view?
- In the research insights business, a lot of people talked about the softening economy in 2016 from the recent China equities crash to some countries entering into technical recessions, instead of asking you how bad it is going to get, I like to ask what are the interesting opportunities you see coming up?
from TechNode http://ift.tt/28KF8IR